Saturday 1 September 2012

Jetting off to England!

I'm so excited to be finally going back to England after six long years.  Six years it's been since I've seen my family!  It's going to be such a special visit.
And to make it even more special, my ticket is a gift from my lovely and generous mother-in-law,
Josephine.  Thanks Jo x

There is an unbelievable amount of stuff to plan.  In England, I have my dear nan in the small, picturesque village of Shepherdswell in Kent where quite possibly the best garden in the world was home to my childhood.


With thanks to nan for the lovely snap, this is a series of archways that feature left and right of a huge circular flower bed, right in the middle of the one hundred foot garden.  I have such wonderful memories of the most brilliant hiding places, potting away in "my garden" or helping nan with plants. 
 Needless to say, I'll be enjoying a good hour or two purely dedicated to capturing the most awesome shots of my most favourite place on Earth.

Dad is also in England, he lives in a house with a wishing - well outside.  He has a lovely wife called Lillian who I am looking forward to getting to know a little better.  Seeing as dad is picking me up from Heathrow, we decided we would go for breakfast.


I like the look of this place called Rafferty's in Sevenoaks.  There's something about a cafe that has a counter  laden with a variety of sweet treats and sumptuous cakes......plus it's located on Holly Bush Lane.  Can't go wrong with a name like that.

So far, that's all I've planned.  Breakfast at Rafferty's and when I'll go to France. Just trying to squeeze everyone in to two weeks really.  My mum, step-dad and sister live in rural Normandy in this renovated farm house on around seven acres of land.
It's just so idyllic! 


And they have views that look like this...


Gorgeous pets, Charlie & Solomon seem to make an idyllic setting even more perfect.  Goodness me I think I have butterflies of excitement!


With thanks to mum and sister Becky for the lovely snaps,
I'm so looking forward to seeing you all.  I'm certain we are going to have a truly magical time.

Much love

xx








No comments:

Post a Comment