Wednesday 5 September 2012

My Little Red Shoes.



I have decided I like this Spring.  



Each morning I feel especially grateful that my bus stop is outside this beautiful home which is oh-so enchanting in the Spring sunlight.


In the city, there's the pleasant solitude of Hardware Lane, the calm before the storm of a few hundred people descending upon the place, throwing myriad jovial voices onto the aromatic winds of lunch time. 
 I do love all the din and hubbub.  It's so nice to work close by.  


New daisies for our tables tie in perfectly with the rejuvenation of Spring, sneaking smiles onto people's faces when asked if they like them.  
It seems instinctive to smile at flowers.  They always make me feel happier but then, so does the sun.....has anyone esle noticed a change in their mood because of lovely weather?  


All in all,
Spring has identified a good middle ground.  Not too hot, not too cold, still cool enough for a hot chocolate.


And just right for my little red shoes.
Doncare Op shop at Brentford Square, for $3.00 if you can believe it.


4 comments:

  1. Oooops! I have opened The Spice Garden to see a new face gracing the legions of followers ... and that follower has the dearest little red shoes! They even look comfie and perfect with a pair of knee socks a la Pippy Longstockings!

    Thise are shoes to make you skip your way into Springtime! Cheers to Spring, Asa- Marie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you and yes, they are very comfortable indeed...cheers to Spring!

      Delete
  2. I love your 'little' red shoes - totally gorgeous.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow!i just stumbled across ur wonderful blog,and saw u bought ur great shoes at the op shop i used to visit with my nana at brendtford square.thnx for the nostalgia moment!

    mezz
    (mezzmakesstuff)

    ReplyDelete